Monday, July 8, 2013

Gu Family Book Ep 16

Starts with WR and KC facing off. KC: who are you. WR: are you choi KC? KC: I asked who you are. WR: I am Gu WR
SH asks what brings you here late at night – was it cuz you were curious about me. so it is.  it’s good timing – I was about to be curious about you. she takes off her hat. the two men with her watch as she lifts her face to smile at TS

구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-57-46] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-58-40]
WR asks: are you SH’s son. KC: that’s what the monk said. WR: heard you are looking for the gu family book. KC: the monk talked too much. WR: did she say she was Dam YW. if you are looking for the gu family book cuz of that girl – it would be good if you stopped. if you give up becoming human and live as you are, I will spare your life. KC retorts what is this nonsense late at night. what right do you have to tell me to be human or not – give up or not – what are you? WR: you know very well who I am. KC: I dont really want to know – even if I know I dont want to act like I know - so get lost -go back to where you live and don’t show up again! WR goes over and pins KC’s neck to the wall. WR: trust me – if you trust humans all you get is betrayal in return-  they will never accept you -they will never believe in you -for the reason that you are different they will ostricize you and give pain– it’s my last warning– leave the human world right now. KC cries saying: leave and like a monster like you live alone in the woods– unable to die unable to get sick– for all those years you dont know when it will end – unable to see the person you like alone by myself – feeling that terrible and lonely- are you saying you want me to live like that in the woods- sorry but I cant live like that -why? cuz living as human is my dream.
WR watches his son’s tears and suddenly senses something behind him. he turns to look and it’s gong. gong showed up and asks WR- are you the one randomly killing people in the woods. put that hand down right now and get away from KC. KC yells at him – no teacher - go away – dont come! but gong tells WR-put that hand down and stand back. WR attacks gong and they fight. WR chokes him. his eyes turn red. KC screams you cant.
YW stands up when she hears the yell and so does gon and PJ.
she goes out and that lady asks where are you going. YW says didnt you hear that sound just now. the woman says your father will handle things outside. go back in. YW: it was KC’s voice. the woman says go back in.
KC throws down his bracelet and changes form. WR senses that and tells KC  “give up being human -if you dont I will destroy everything that has anything to do with you.” KC attacks, but WR disappears. KC tries to revive gong but he cant. please open your eyes teacher – try to breathe. he grabs a rock and cuts himself and puts his blood on gong’s neck. PJ puts a sword to his neck and says stand back. other students have their swords drawn at KC too. KC lets go and gong’s neck heals. he backs away once he sees that. the kid finds the bracelet. other students take gong away.
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[00-50-20]
WR goes to his cave and sits. he looks at his injured arm. *it’s hard to tell if the look of pain on his face was the fact that his own son can hurt him or the truth his son spoke about living a lonely existence in the woods.
SH makes some green tea and offers it to TS.  TS: what did you mean. SH: didnt you come all this way cuz you were curious about me and I was curious about you too so starting from now how about asking one thing at a time about what we are curious about each other. TS asks I will ask first. are you Korean? she says yes I am Korean. her aide is shocked she admitted that. SH: now I will ask-  are you on GW’s side? TS says I am only trying to protect my sister who was sold off to the gisaeng house - that’s all. I will ask – what is your relationship with GW. SH says we give each other help and info that we need. TS asks for what objective/goal is the assistance and info.  SH wont answer and says it’s too bad but it’s my turn. this is my last question – do you want to get back the Inn – if you want I can make that happen.
next morning gon goes to see YW. she tells him to come in. what happened last night. gon says KC attacked gong. she asks what are you saying – why would KC. gon thinks it’s cuz KC is having a hard time with the changes inside of him. she asks how gong is doing. gon says they took him to the doctors but his condition is still not good and KC is being kept under guards.  she tries to leave but he says you cant. YW: let me go out and confirm for myself. KC would never do that! Gon yells gong was seriously injured and next to him was KC in his changed form. do you need more explanation.
the student says I knew this would happen – and now teacher gong got attacked too. the kid wonders if KC really did that. the guy says how can you say that when you saw with your own eyes – it wasnt done by someone human. kid: still.
other students are telling PJ how they feel- now even teacher gong attacked – how many more have to die. SS shows up to see gong too. SS says I heard there was an attack at night
KC goes out and students point their weapons at him. one asks where are you going. KC says I want to meet Master (PJ), but the guy says unless we get other orders you cant move. so KC grabs the weapon and remembers how YW told him not to do that. they need time to accept you. you know that too right? SS tells them all to step back. he looks at KC
the teacher tells YW to sit properly cuz it’s a bad habit cuz she was sitting hugging her knees.
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-49-07]
SS asks what did you do to the teacher last night. KC: I didnt do it. SS says I heard everyone thinks you did it. KC: I didnt do that. SS interrupts – if you didnt do that then who did? KC remembers how WR said ”they will never believe you.” KC: can you not believe me too?  KC remembers how WR said for other reasons they will end up hurting you. KC: cuz I am not human -cuz I am different from others -is that why you are suspecting me first? SS: I am asking who did that. KC: if it’s not revealed who did that – doesnt it mean you wont believe me. SS: are you asking about my benefit of doubt right now. KC: I am asking about your belief in me. SS: benefit of doubt doesnt drop from the sky overnight. it has to accumulate each day to be visible. if people cant trust you -what you accumulated wasnt right - it means you dont blame others. KC: in the end result does it mean it’s all my fault/doing? SS: everything that happens in your life is all your fault/all your doing. KC: no matter how hard I try people dont acknowledge it. SS yells you cant live doing that - just cuz they acknowledge you – you do better -just cuz they dont acknowledge you -you dont do better. KC: I didnt do that to teacher gong. SS says to instill trust -if you want people to trust you-learn to get along with people. KC remembers how gong gave that same advice – if you want to stay here a long time with YW then learn to get along with others.
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-48-25] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-48-37]
KC goes out and PJ and gon are there with all the students gathered. KC asks PJ for one more chance. PJ says your fellow students are afraid – they don’t want to stay with you anymore. with tears in his eyes KC says I still have two days time and five bells left –within those two days, if I cant protect these bells then at that time I will leave this place on my own. I will think of this as my last chance. cant I do that?
YW is embroidering when her teacher falls asleep so YW changes back to her normal outfit and ties her up and gags her saying I am really sorry – I am sincerely sorry -I will be back within the hour-just think of it as a nap and sleep - I am really sorry. she sneaks out the window
KC goes and picks up the broom gong dropped when he was attacked. YW shows up and drags him off.
her teacher tries to get the door opened
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-46-00] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-46-06] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-46-32] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-46-44]
YW drags KC over. he asks how did you come. were you released from being confined to quarters. she says if I was released then would I have sneaked out like this. KC: did you just come out secretly then? YW says I cant stay long - I have to go back in soon. anyway are you ok. gon didnt tell me any details so I was so frustrated. what happened to teacher gong - did he get hurt a lot. how did it happen that you were there with him? i bet people misunderstood that teacher gong got hurt cuz of you huh? did you get into a lot of trouble with my dad. did you get hit? KC doesnt answer and asks how is your ankle sprain? YW: it’s all better. KC: still – after spraining it once -you could sprain it again so for the time being dont run and be very careful. you know right? she nods and says do you know your nagging has been getting worse lately? KC: you are playing around. YW goes into flirty mode and teases: do you know that too - you are like a guy these days. KC: so do you like that? YW: what do you think. KC: let’s see - it’s written in your two eyes that you like it so much you could die.  YW says in a roundabout way: you are mistaken. they have a moment just gazing at each other smiling. then he clears his throat and tells her -dont worry too much about teacher gong -he will be ok. YW: how are you? KC: there is still hope for me. all the other students want to chase me out but I still have 5 bells left.  she looks and asks so you started the bell test? KC: yes. YW: since when? KC: yesterday. YW: and you only have 5 left?! KC: from today for the next two days if I keep the remaining five bells safe, Master said I could continue to remain at the school. suddenly a bell is sliced off. gon snuck over and cut off another one. he says now you have 4 left. KC says I didnt see you like that but are you going to be so cheap. Gon retorts – who is the one who called out miss when she is confined to guarters to meet her secretly. YW: KC didnt call me I came out secretly. KC: did you hear that? YW was this worried about me so what are you. gon says to her - go back now and I will act like I didnt see anything. YW: ok I will go in. just a little more longer. her teacher shows up and says no you cant. she throws down her binds that YW used to tie her up and says go back in right now. YW: ok I will go in now
* the look on KC’s face when he hears her rambling on with total trust and faith in him – never suspecting him for even a second – I bet he was choked up with gratitude as his heart swelled with love for her unfailing trust in him.
YW gets an earful from her teacher. if YW does this one more time she is going to go and tell the master the whole truth. YW: ok –  I am really sorry – I was just worried about teacher gong – please understand. the teacher says they will start the next part of the lesson so YW is suddenly more compliant.
PJ says GW is after KC (for the murders). SS asks did the rumors come all the way here. PJ says there are rumors going around everywhere about KC. he asks for SS to give the order what to do. SS says TS is next to GW so what GW is up to –  what is the reason for the Japanese people who came in – finding that out is first. leave the problem about KC up to me – even if I have to go up against GW I will settle that problem
GW hears from the magistrate that SS wants to meet GW in person to discuss KC. so let him know what place is good. GW says tell him to come here himself. since he is the one who has something to say. the guy says SS is an admiral- not someone you tell where to go but GW says if he doesnt want to then forget it
SS agrees to go to the Inn then to meet GW and gives him the time he will be arriving
gong wakes up and tells the kid something in a whisper
KC is alone with the broom and remembers what gong said - you are only trying to grab the broom so you cant. important thing is the inherent nature of things. kid asks what are you doing here alone. KC: just thinking. come over here.  what is this. kid says a broom. KC asks him to try to grab the broom so the kid does. KC says do it again and the kid gets it again. KC asks how did you grab it. Kid: are you curious. KC: Yes I am curious – a lot. kid: the important thing is the inherent nature of things. KC: not that again -just tell me the method. kid: think about it. while the broom is moving who is the source of control for the broom. KC: who is that? kid: it’s you. cuz you are the one moving that broom. I didn’t look at the broom I watched how you moved. they go again but this time KC wants the kid to avoid him. the kid evades KC from grabbing it. KC asks to go again and KC grabs it. kid says rings a bell with the broom and says if this broom was a sword you would have been stabbed. KC asks if the kid is one of the four men of honor too. kid says that couldnt happen – he couldnt even step on their shadow with his skill. KC asks if gon’s skills are that great. kid says after the master Gon is the next best. KC looks defeated so the kid says have strength - SS is doing his best to protect you by putting himself through an inquisition so you cant back down here. KC: what are you saying -what do you mean SS is facing an inquisition- why? kid: didnt you know?
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-14-06] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-14-30]
KC goes and confronts gon and asks if that is true. cuz of the rumors about KC that GW is putting SS in a spot. gon says yes it is true. KC: why didnt you tell me. gon: if I told you do you even have a way to resolve it. KC: I could have stopped the rumors from spreading at least. gon: you cant even catch the hearts of the students properly so how can you control the hearts of the villagers. dont get involved and make more headache for others. you just protect those bells on your waist well. KC asks what will you do if I do have a way to resolve it. get rid of all the rumors and if there was a way to help SS-then will you help me?  students argue what trouble are you going to cause again-that’s right – it would be better to trust a passing stray dog -we cant trust him. KC takes the bell belt off and holds it out to gon. KC: if I get involved and SS gets into more trouble - dont bother pulling off the remaining bells - I will quietly disappear from your eyes on my own. I will never show up in front of anyone here again. gon asks does that include YW too so KC says you can include her. there isnt much time left. are you going to just stand by and watch SS being pushed around or will you help me -what will you do? the kid watches that from afar and smiles.
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-16-04]
gon goes and asks to meet with YW’s teacher for a second. she checks on YW and follows him out. the kid sneaks in and says to YW: I have a message from teacher gong.
PJ asks what do you mean KC went down to the village – why didn’t you stop him
PJ gets up to go but gong comes over and says wait - sit down for a second. PJ says KC went down to the village. gong says I know. PJ asks if this is gong’s doing. gong says sit down and I will tell you everything
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-19-08] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-20-53] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-22-11] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-22-22] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-24-11] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[05-24-26]
her teacher asks  what did you want to say. gon stares everywhere trying to come up with something. he asks how YW is doing. she says so so. gon: how do you like living here. she thinks he is interested in her but YW is sneaking out behind her back. Pretty sure they didnt have the ok sign back in joseon days but YW makes him one and leaves. the teacher is about to turn around so he suddenly grabs her by the shoulders and says  thank you very much for taking care of our miss so well. he even manages a smile *the things he does for love.
her teacher goes back in and asks are you sleeping. what’s up with the sudden napping. it’s really the kid who is dressed as YW -he sighs loudly in relief as she turns to go but that stops her. she turns him over and they scare each other
YW goes out but the students block her
villagers are running over so CJ and her maid see that and wonder what is going on-maybe there is a fight. M and his men see people gathering and wonder what’s going on. KC says those who are curious if I am the child of a gumiho or not. those who are curious – he motions to raise your hands.  M comes over and asks what are you doing here. he gets close and asks what are you doing – what if your real identity is found out then what will you do, but KC yells – I will ask again – those who are curious if I am the child of a gumiho or not. M helps him and yells those who are curious- raise your hands. people do so KC says then come to the front of the Inn - I will reveal to you there whether or not I am a child of a gumiho or not.
SS goes to meet GW.
TW hears from choi that SS came here.
GW asks what is the reason you came to see me. SS says I heard you wanted KC to go to the magistrate’s office (police). GW says KC is not human and a monster -he is going around killing people in the woods so I couldn’t just stand by and watch it. SS asks if GW is intimidated by KC or else – that kid innocent -why does it scare you so much that you cant get him. GW asks why are you protecting that monster so much. SS quotes someone (something along the lines of - what you see is a reflection of how you feel in your heart kinda thing) and says a pig sees only a pig - if you saw KC as a monster so your heart is the monster. the murder investigation is already complicated so if you keep making a mess of it even more (with false accusations and stuff) then you will pay for that crime. GW asks are you daring to warn me right now? SS: if that is how you took it then it’s correct.  he gets up to leave but GW says I will ask one thing -in a country where there is no war-  why have all the army and funding-  also what is up with those turtle ships. are you getting ready for war – is that it? doesnt that mean you are committing treason-  also keeping KC by your side and helping him – is it for the same goal. SS says the turtle ship is a secret even in our army so how do you know that. do you have a spy/mole in my group. they hear KC’s voice outside calling out come over here
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-28-56] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-30-18] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-30-07] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-31-23]
KC is calling for GW to come out. the people in the Inn all come out and go over to him. choi asks what KC is doing here when there are rumors going around about you.  KC says that is why I came father. I am your son father – the Inn’s choi M’s son – so how can they call me a gumiho child. how could I stand still for that. TS’s servant says he is angry about those ridiculous rumors too. KC tells him to go in and tell the new owner lord to come out. GW comes out and asks what is all this. KC sees SS next to GW. CJ is in the crowd too watching. KC bows to SS. SS asks what brings you here. KC indirectly insults GW by calling him a name - he says there is someone going around spreading rumors about me these days. SS says dont cause trouble and go back. KC: so that the person watching out for me doesnt get in trouble -so that I wont disappoint that person- this is the best trust I can show him lord. KC asks GW: so tell me – how can I show you that I am not the child of a gumiho so that you will admit I am choi’s son. GW: take off that bracelet on your wrist cuz I heard it keeps you from changing into a monster. people mutter and M says he has been found out. KC asks what if I take this off and I don’t change into a monster– then what will you do. will you apologize a hundred times for falsely accusing me and spreading damaging rumors? GW:hurry and take it off first. KC looks around for YW. GW says what are you doing –  hurry and take it off if you are human. KC looks worried and stares at the bracelet. CJ says you cant KC and steps forward but YW beats her to it and calls out his name just then. he smiles at her as she goes over to him. GW says to take off the bracelet right now and show your proof. YW nods at KC so he takes it off. the wind blows really strong but KC stays the same. the people start talking KC is normal. M covered his eyes but then he looks. KC repeats in his head what he said before in the past: I don’t know why this only happens when YW is next to me. YW smiles at him and says you did well KC. GW asks SB – what happened. SB attacks KC but gon stops SB. PJ and other students come over to protect KC and orders SB to put his sword away. KC is a student in our school– if you are going to strike him down for no reason -putting my name Dam PJ on the line –  I wont forgive the one who strikes him down. SS asks GW- do you still see that kid KC as a monster? GW looks angry and goes in.
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-30-25] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-30-40] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-33-24] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-38-58]
KC puts the bracelet back on and thanks YW. she says I told you – you don’t have to say that each time. PJ nods at SS. SS says to KC- I admire your courage but from here on if you are going to do something like this – give me a heads up. KC: were you perhaps nervous. SS laughs and pats him on the arm and leaves. PJ asks KC- why did you do this dangerous thing– what if I didn’t send YW then what would you have done. KC: I thought that would never happen. PJ:why? KC: cuz I trusted your heart in the admiral.
gong told PJ about what happened that night -that KC didnt attack him another beast did. PJ: what are you saying? what do you mean another beast. gong:  he asked KC  “are you SH’s son.” PJ says KC didnt say a word about that other being.  gong thinks there is a deep relationship with KC and the other creature.
PJ tells KC – we can talk in detail at the school. also you YW. YW: yes father.  PJ: get prepared to be in big trouble for leaving the school. YW: ah yes. he walks off and she says what to do – i’m dead. KC smiles at her. M laughs at them and points out how lovesick they are for each other – sort of like the modern version of “get a room”
CJ stands and watches KC and YW smiling at each other. TS watches them as well
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-41-19] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-42-45] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-44-48]
gon is talking to the group of students. he holds up the bells KC left with Gon– raise your hand if you still think KC should leave the school then I will take one bell off for each guy who thinks he should leave. hand goes up so Gon pulls one off. Gon: anymore? another hand goes up so KC loses another bell. gon: anymore? kid yells stop it – how much longer are you going to misunderstand KC hyungnim – he wasn’t trying to attack teacher gong he was trying to protect him. he is different from us for sure but I dont think that is something to ostracize him for and hate him for it. among us too -the world mistreated us and ostracized us – we didnt like that so there are a lot of kids who came here. but look how we treated KC - how is it any different from those who ostracized us. isnt that right? Gon asks are there anymore? but the kid shamed them into not raising their hands anymore. KC asks can I get the bells back now. gon takes off another one. KC: what are you? no one raised their hand so why pull off the bell? gon: I pulled it off for my vote cuz I still want you to leave this school. KC: what? Gon throws the belt to him. you have one left so protect it well till sunset today if you dont want to get kicked out of this school. Gon walks off. KC faces the students and thanks them for letting him stay here. to tell the truth - other than here there was no place for me to go. thank you everyone. he bows to them. the leader student comes over and says we are sorry too. they pat him on the shoulder as they leave. the kid comes over smiling so KC thanks him. kid says now you’ve become the bean in the bag - huh hyungnim. KC suddenly gets it
*I actually found myself crying as I typed this scene. when KC admitted he had no other place to go than this school, it broke my heart. He really is alone and lost in this world without YW, SS, PJ, Gong, and all the others. Just like he made a family at the Inn, he thought he was making a new one here. the idea that he has to leave it scared him cuz the last thing in the world he wants is to be alone.
KC puts down the bag of beans and tells gong I finally know the correct answer. gong: what is the correct answer? KC: one bagful. no matter how many thousands of beans there are when they are all put in together -they are just one bagful. how is it? this time I got it correct for sure huh? gong acts  vague and says did you get it right or not. KC: what? this isnt the correct answer too? gong: go and wash dishes. it’s piled up like a mountain. gong walks off. KC thinks to himself -that’s strange – I think it was right.
gong pinches the kid saying I told you to help KC -when did I tell you to give him the right answer. the kid says no I didn’t tell him the right answer at all - KC guessed on his own
the maid who attends to SH comes to meet SR. SR asks did you find out anything about the woman at the Inn. the maid says during the bath I saw something strange. she has a tattoo on her shoulder for a Chunan gisaeng (this gisaeng house) -that’s not all of it. on the other shoulder too – she has a scar like a claw mark. SR remembers how SH had that tattoo and when PJ told her to take good care of SH cuz she has a wound. so SR wonders how could that happen – how could that kid (SH) have lived
SH meets with TS. SH: so have you thought it over. TS: first I want to hear the conditions.  you wouldnt be willing to return the Inn to me for nothing – isnt there something you want from me. SH: of course there is. TS: what is it? SH: be my son. that will be plenty.
the teacher is falling asleep again during the needlework. YW ties her up again and says sorry – I am really sorry – just help me one more time. this time I will come right back so just sleep during that time
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-26-40] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-26-47] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-24-38] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-25-42]
she sneaks out to meet KC. he is standing there so she smiles watching him. YW: KC ya I came. he says you came out faster than I thought. YW: why did you want to see me. he holds out the bell to her saying I have one left. she takes it and says so in the end – you protected it. KC: the students protected it. YW: then you wont get kicked out now. he nods yes. YW: thank goodness. they hide from students walking by. his arm is around her and they look at each other. she grips the bell in her hand. he leans closer and takes her hand. other one is still around her shoulder. she closes her eyes as he leans in to kiss. the kid interrupts calling out for KC. YW motions for KC to go out but he motions he doesnt want to. she shoves him out of hiding. kid says master is looking for you. hurry and come. KC says ok I will go there. he motions for the kid to go first.  YW comes out of hiding and says hurry and go – my father is looking for you. hurry. KC grunts yes and reluctantly walks away. but he goes back and puts his hands on her shoulders. he leans in to kiss again but just says sleep well. she says you too.  after he leaves she smiles. someone suddenly snatches her
PJ says I heard from teacher gong about his attack. who was that. do you know who it is. KC says I do know. PJ: who is it. KC remembers how WR said give up being human. her teacher comes in and says YW has disappeared again. we looked all over the school but she isnt here. PJ: what do you mean she isnt in the school. KC says that wouldn’t have happened – she would have gone back to her room already.
구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-21-40] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-21-52] 구가의 서.E16.720p.HDTV.x264-BEST[03-22-33]
KC goes back to where he left her and sees the bell she dropped on the ground. he remembers how WR said give up being human - if you dont then I will destroy everything  involved with you. KC grips the bell and says angrily “WR.”
end

Thanks To : http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com and http://joonni.com