Sunday, July 7, 2013

Gu Family Book Ep 07

The assassins slash at KC. He falls to his knees. YW finds KC but before she can go to his aide, blue lights start to fill the air. KC’s eyes start to glow and his hands turn into claws. YW’s voice- “I didn’t want to believe.” We hear SJ’s warning that she should avoid that destined person if she can. “Or one of you might die.” YW continues to think, “I thought, let’s ignore those words but…” KC transforms in the beast. YW and the assassins see the transformed Kang Chi. YW asks, “Choi Kang Chi? What is that? Who is that monster in front of my eyes?”

YW runs through forest, frightened, and Gon, who has come to find her, doubly scares her. YW says to Gon, “Something has gone wrong. Something has gone terribly wrong.” A loud roar sounds through the air.
GW’s assassins are all dead and Kang Chi stumbles away. “I have to go. Chung Jo is waiting. I have to go to Chung Jo.” KC falls unconscious. It starts to rain. Blood is all over KC’s claws/hands.
CJ is stopped in front of a house. She asks where she is. The guard tells her it is the gisaeng house. Maidservant notifies SR that the Hundred Years Inn’s MS’s daughter has come as a new gisaeng.
CJ is saying to the guard, “I would rather die than become a gisaeng,” when SR comes out and asks CJ what she will do if she won’t become a gisaeng, now that she is the daughter of a traitor. CJ declares that her father is not a traitor and that she will never step into the gisaeng house. SR remembers what SH said twenty years before- the same thing as CJ. SR orders the same thing she did to SH- to be stripped and tied to the tree.
CJ is now tied up to the tree in front of the gisaeng house like SH was. SR tells CJ that she must give up. CJ squares her chin as she declares that she is Park Moo Sol’s daughter. SR reminds CJ, “You’re father is dead. If you don’t protect yourself, you will never be able to survive.” CJ swears angrily, “I will never forget you!” SR orders that CJ is not to be given food or water until she says so.
Manservant wonders. He says that SR has not tied anyone up to the tree since SH twenty years ago. Maid replies, “How can we understand her deep intentions?”
It starts to rain and CJ cries for her dead father.
SJ has found the slaughter scene. He picks up the pieces of KC’s broken bracelet.
YW is telling PJ about KC’s transformation. PJ asks, “Is this the truth?” Gon confirms. He checked he dead bodies and they were definitely killed by claws. PJ remembers WR and SH. He asks himself, “How did that child come to be under MS?” Gon says he will take a few man and get rid of KC. YW frowns. “Gon…”
SS, who we see that is also there, says, “We should bring in him first. MS thought of him as a son. We should bring him in and discuss.” YW agrees. Gon disagrees, saying KC is dangerous. YW anxiously says to her father, “We cannot do that to MS’s person. MS thought a lot of him. We can’t decide life and death so easily for that kind of person.”
Outside and raining, YW says to Gon, “You are cruel. How can we kill him?” Gon says, “He is no longer human. Didn’t you see the dead people in the forest?” YW replies, “Still, we have to know his situation first. How he became like that. What is happening to him right now. It is human nature to worry first.” Gon says, “I am only worried about you and this place. It doesn’t matter to me what happens to other people.” YW: “Yes, you are like that. You don’t care about anything except your orders and duty. Except father’s orders, you have no interest and find it tiresome. Right? That is why sometimes I feel like you are a wall. A cold, heartless, emotionless wall.” YW turns around. Gon calls her back by asking, “What are you doing? Do you have that kind of heart towards him?” YW skips a beat before answering, “Are you a rock head? I told you he is my life-saver.”
YW goes into her room. She leans against door and slides down, deep in thought.
PJ tells SS about WR and how he found out about the child after WR’s death. SS asks, “So you are saying the child is KC?” PJ confirms. He is worried about GW finding out about KC’s identity. KC won’t be safe because GW will kill him. SS surprisingly says, “That would be good. We are facing a half-animal god, half-human. We don’t know his true strength but we do know he is strong. What if GW finds out and makes him his own? Let’s find him first.” PJ asks, “What if he is dangerous?” SS replies, “Then I will kill him myself.”
It is morning and Gon stands in front of YW’s room. He announces that Teacher is looking for her. No one answers so Gon peaks in. The room is empty.
KC wakes up in the forest. He is back to normal. How his hair looks so neat after all that rain, I have no idea. KC remembers his own transformation and the dead bodies. He starts to stumble back to the location. He is feeling a lot of bodily pain. KC arrives and finds nothing. “What happened? Was I dreaming?” He turns around. SJ is there, looking very, very unhappy.
GW’ henchman is reporting to GW that KC and the seven men chasing after him have disappeared. Their tracks also disappeared with the rain. TS is missing too. GW says, “This is interesting. KC got rid of seven men without a trace. I want him.
KC disbelievingly asks SJ, “Animal god? What do you mean my real father is animal god? What kind of bulls**t is that? SJ won’t take having his friend WR being spoken of that way. He declares that WR protected this mountain for a thousand years. KC asks, “So you’re saying I am not human?” SJ- “Your mom was human so you are half human.” KC can’t believe what he is hearing. “You are joking right?” SJ says, “You know better than anyone else that your body is not like before. It is hurting right now from the transformation.” He adds, “I told you to stay quiet for ten days. Then you could have been a human.” KC- “Then you’re saying that I am really not human now?” SJ advises KC to stay in the Moonlight Garden until he can control his own strength. “Innocent people can die because of you.”
KC angrily grabs SJ’s collar, yelling, “Stop playing around.” KC’s eyes turn green and he sees his hands transforming. He pulls back. “How is this possible?” KC demands to SJ, “Turn me back. Turn me back to the way I was. SJ tells KC to accept it. This is real form. KC cries, “No. There is no way I can be this monster,” and desperately picks up some beads from his broken bracelet off the ground. He shows them to SJ. “Will these do? Please let me go back. Turn me back to the way I was, please!” SJ turns his head. KC falls to his knees. “I can’t go back this way. I can’t go back to CJ or anyone else like this. KC begs SJ, “Please turn me back to the way I was!
YW has watched this from afar. Her knees grow weak. She shakes her head. “This can’t be.”
CJ wakes, still tied to the tree. Villagers pass by, looking at her. She thinks, “Brother. Kang Chi.” KC is at the Moonlight Garden, looking into water at his reflection. His eyes are green. He thinks, “Chung Jo.” CJ asks inside her head, “Why isn’t anyone coming? I’m waiting like this but why isn’t anyone coming?” She falls unconscious again. SR has CJ brought in.
CJ wakes up in the gisaeng house as the maidservant brings in food. CJ sees the bowl and immediately gets up, grabbing the spoon. She hungrily eats the food. The maid advises her to slow down. It’s been four days without any food and her stomach will be shocked.
SR, who CJ didn’t notice before, says, “So now you feel like living?” CJ stops eating. SR asks CJ, “Do you still have a face to save? A yangban’s pride? If you do, then I will tie you again.” CJ can’t answer and her flicker of fear passes her face. SR notices and asks, “Why? You don’t want to go back? Then let it all go- honor, pride. If you are ready to let is all go, then you can eat the porridge.” As CJ looks at her, SR asks, “Will you go to back to the tree or will you eat the warm porridge?”
CJ, trembling, spoons up the porridge and eats as she cries. SR sighs and orders the maidservant to clean up CJ after she finishes eating and give her clean clothes.
YW comes to Moonlight Garden. She sees SJ handing KC food. KC’s eyes are still green. He refuses. SJ complains that it’s been four days already. “How long do you plan to be like this?” YW comes up and slaps KC upside the head. Good girl! He turns to her, glaring. We can see that his green eyes scare YW a bit but she doesn’t turn away. KC asks in surprise, “How are you here?” YW just says, “Are you planning to starve?” She hands him the food. KC asks again, “What are you doing here? How did you find this place?” YW tells him that she followed him from the forest. “Don’t be surprised. I saw and heard everything that happened to you from the beginning.” KC asks, “Yet you still followed me? Why? Don’t you find me strange now?” YW replies, “Of course but so what? You already looked strange. All that changed is your eye color. What about that? Is that something to make you shrivel up in a corner like your life has ended? Eat.” KC seems moved by YW’s words before he shakes it away. “I don’t feel like eating. Go away.” YW angrily declares, “Then you can really starve to death like that!” KC tells her to mind her own business. “I would rather die than live like this.”
YW grits her teeth in frustration and hits him in the head again. Atta girl! KC yells, “OUCH!” (He says “ouch” like a little kid would- “aya!” So cute.) YW- “How can a man be so weak? Why are you stewing over something that insignificant for so long? KC angrily gets up. “Insignificant? Does this look insignificant to you? I have become a monster. I am no longer human!” YW yells, “But at least you are alive! I thought you were going to die. But you are still alive like this now. That is fortunate.” KC asks, “Does this look fortunate to you? What is the point of living like this? Like a monster, not as a human- how do you want me to live?!” YW-“So if you moan about your bad fortune, will an answer come out? If it will, stay like that for a hundred or even a thousand years. I will cheer you on!” KC yells in frustration, “Damn it!” and YW agrees. I understand how unbelievable this would be for you. But you are still Choi Kang Chi. Inside you are still CKC even if you look different outside. Aren’t you?”
KC stares at YW sadly before he replies, “I don’t know anymore. I don’t remember how I changed that night. I don’t know how I fought or how many I killed. All I know is that my body burns and my bones feel like they are about to shatter. My eyes have been like this for days and I can hear and smell things that are miles away. My head rings like a bee’s nest. I don’t know if the me right now is still CKC or if I have really become a monster. YW smiles just a bit before she says, “You are still CKC. If you were really a beast, you don’t be suffering like this.” KC’s eyes turn back to normal and both YW and SJ notice. But as KC rejects YW’s comfort, his eyes turn green again. “Even with those words, nothing changes. Go away.” KC sits back down with his back to YW. YW reaches out for his shoulder but she can’t touch him. Not yet.
SJ, who has been looking at this exchange, remembers YW as the girl he said to avoid that destined person. He thinks, “Those two possibly can’t be…”
GW enters the inn with the chief of police. Chiefe announces GW as the new inn owner and tells all the servants that they belong to GW now. Chief calls in the “criminals.” Mom and other servants are led in. Chiefe declares that due to GW’s goodwill, everyone has been brought back as inn slaves instead of being sent off. Mom defiantly glares at GW and says, “That position which is only a shell, I wonder how long it will last?” GW steps closer. “Only a shell?” Mom declares, “You can take the title of inn owner but you will never possess all of the inn. Our family’s wrath will be buried here and we will curse you again and again. You will cry more blood than the blood you have shed.” GW tells her to shut her mouth but mom continues, making fun of GW’s origins, saying he may have risen through the blood of the innocent, but his dirty blood can’t be changed. GW pulls out a sword and warns her, “I told you to shut your mouth.” Mom grabs the sword and stabs herself. Mom declares, “This place will become your grave!” GW pulls out the sword and slashes mom, killing her. He tells all the servants to shut up and he leaves. Mom silently cries out to TS and CJ. She dies and all the servants wail.
GW enters MS’s room. It has been cleaned up. He sits in MS’s spot. Chief says it suits him. GW is curious- what did she mean? “That even if I become the owner, I will never possess the inn? Is there a secret to this inn?” Chief replies, “She was just saying that to bother you.” GW looks around suspiciously. MS’ secret storage room remains closed and unfound behind the screen.
SS stares at his turtle boat plan which is going to be unfunded now.
YW jumps up out a KC’s roar from inside the cave. SJ tells her not to be surprised. The animal god KC and human KC are fighting. There is nothing YW can do to help. She exclaims, “What if something happens?” SJ says, “It is his fate if he dies and it is his fate if he lives. It is his fate if he decides to become an animal god. It is his fate if he decides to deny. Whatever decision, that decision will become his fate.” YW asks, “How much do you know about human fate?” SJ replies, “I know at least that you shouldn’t continue to get closer to KC.” YW says there is no chance since KC has another girl he likes. SJ calls KC stupid, saying he doesn’t know how to tell the difference between sympathy and a predestined tie. He tells YW to go her own way. KC will move ahead toward his own destiny.
Inside the cave, KC roars. He is in pain, struggling to keep his animal side in. But he struggles, remembering GW and CJ. He yells, “Someone please save me. I think I am going to die from this pain!” He suddenly hears a female voice saying, “Kang Chi.”
It is YW outside, saying, “Please endure. You are Choi Kang Chi. Don’t forget your name.” The pain seems to stop a bit and KC seems to return but he remembers CJ and GW again. Beast KC says, “I want to kill them. I want to kill them all.” He roars.
SJ hears the roar and tells YW to leave. He thinks human KC has lost the fight. YW hears the roars again and runs away.
Gon reports to PJ that he hasn’t been able to find YW. PJ worries that YW has been gone for four days without notice. Gon says it’s his fault for not being by her side. Suddenly another soldier calls out. YW has comes back. She stumbles. Gon asks, “Are you hurt? PJ asks, “Where did you go?” YW begs her father, “Please help. That guy is in danger. There is no time. Please stop him.”
SJ blocks KC. KC says he will kill them all one by one- “Everyone who made my lord and inn people like that.” SJ says, “Of course the animal god blood in your body is boiling right now because you’ve kept it done for twenty years. But if you keep following the smell of blood, it will call forth more death and you will forget who you are.” KC throws SJ aside and leaves.
Wol Sun (WS) enters CJ’s room. She leads CJ out. CJ is horrified to see what is going on in the gisaeng house. Maidservant sees CJ being led by WS. WS takes CJ to GW’s room.
Beast KC is in the village now. He rips off his “Wanted” poster. Gon block him. “You’ve changed into an dirty state.” Beast KC says he doesn’t feel like fighting Gon right now. Gon replies that it’s the same for him but he has to bring kC in because of his teacher’s orders. Gon and KC fight. Gon slices KC but it heals immediately, surprising Gon. SJ has arrived nearby with a new bracelet. Where is he getting these?
KC is about to take Gon down when SJ throws the bracelet around KC’s wrist. KC can’t strike Gong and KC turns back. Gon knocks KC down so KC, angry, tries to take off the bracelet. SJ tells him, “If you take off bracelet, you can never return to KC. If you want to take if off and fight, go ahead. That would also be your fate and choice. This is the last I can do for you. KC finally calms down and he takes his hands off the bracelet. SJ says to Gon, “I think it’s okay now.” YW comes. So does PJ.
Maidservant reports to SR that WS brought CJ to GW’s room.
CJ is refusing to go into the room. WS tells her to go in. GW tells WS to leave her be. “It’s not bad just leaving her there and watching her. GW says, “The better the wine, you enjoy with the eyes first, then smell, then finally taste. My eyes are pleased now.” CJ says to WS, “I will go back to my room now. Let me go back. I don’t want to stay here.” WS slaps CJ and tells her that in this house, they have a strict hierarchy and higher ups can do as they please to lower ones. She adds, “I am the greatest gisaeng here. How dare you talk back to me?” CJ continues to stare at WS straight in the eye. WS is about to slap her again when SR stops her. She asks, “Why is a girl who hasn’t received any lessons here?” GW replies, “She must have lost her way. You should have taken better care.” SR tells maidservant to take CJ away and she apologizes to GW for showing him this. GW says, “It’s evidence that you have gotten old.” WS smiles in pleasure. GW says CJ reminds him of SH. He warns SR, “We better not repeat the same mistake as sending in the wrong person.”
CJ is back in her room and she clenches her fists in anger.
KC is one his knees, tied up. He demands to know why he is being tied up and treated like a criminal. YW tries to explain that they are trying to help him. KC retorts that he doesn’t need help. Let me go now!” YW tries to talk to KC again but Gon interrupts her, saying, “He is not worth comforting or getting to know.” YW glares at him. Gon asks PJ, “What should we do?” PJ looks at KC and says, “Hand him over to the government.” YW protests. “I thought you said you would help.” PJ replies, “I am.” YW asks, “How? GW is already controlling the police.” PJ tells her that it is what SS wants.
A drum is beaten and villagers gather. KC has been brought in front of the chief, tied up. YW and Gon are also there, watching. Chief asks KC, “Do you know your crime?” KC loudly proclaims, “I don’t. What crime?” GW is watching behind a screen, smiling. Chief asks, “Do you really not know your crime? KC replies, his voice rising, “That is why I am asking. What is my crime?!” Chief declares, with a bit of a falter, that KC killed MS. KC also helped TS escaped and harmed the soldiers. For those crimes he deserves to die by having his body slowly pulled apart. KC is defiant. “Sure. I will give you my body but not like this. Let me kill one more person here. GW, the one who framed MS, and ruined the family to own the inn- I will give up my neck and more just to kill that one man.” GW has stopped fanning himself. Chief to KC: “How dare you? I will behead you now without even putting you in jail.” YW wants to help but Gon stops her.
GW comes out from behind the screen. “You say you will give up more than your life.” KC is about to rush at GW but guards stop him. GW steps closer to KC and asks, “What is worth more than your life?” KC replies, “My absolute will to kill you. What will you do about that?” GW says, “Absolute will? How moving. Is that it? Is that what nabs your interest?” GW steps even closer to KC. “Or is there more?” GW pokes KS’s bracelet with his fan. He says to KC, “I will give you one last chance. Become my person and I will save your life.” KC snorts, “What is this bulls**t?! I don’t want anything but your life.” GW sighs, “How unfortunate.” He orders KC’s beheading to proceed. KC stares at the bracelet. He remembers SJ’s warning about taking it off. KC glares as GW and is about to take it when SS calls out, “Stop!”
GW asks, “Who are you?” SS declares himself and the chief asks him why he is here. SS replies, “I heard my person is being held here and I came in a hurry.” Chief asks, “Who?”  SS replies, “His name is CKC. This guy here.” SS turns to KC. He says to him gently, “Have you been doing well? I came to get you.” KC looks at him in surprise. YW smiles.